Friday, September 17, 2004

The tale of sine and cosine

"He never believed in the theroy of time, atleast as proposed by Einstein. His watch sometime showed the time which people back there in India followed and then sometimes, it showed the Eastern Time. He tried to make things as time invariant as possible. The assignments and the proposal defense winked and disappeared as the smoke in the air. Then the time to reconsile. Sometimes pretty soon and sometimes pretty fast."
"Knock ..Knock..."
After so much of pain and patience and determination and perseverance and what not, I was just trying to write a blog after such a long time and trying to sound as cool as possible; sometimes as if I am having an I-Don't-Care attitude and sometimes feigning as if I really care and then throughly confusing myself what to write next. And this knock on the door. I really did not knwo what I felt . The pleasure of being escaped from a state of utter confusion or the indignation of being disturbed.
"Hey, Aaameet ! Whats ye doin? May I come in?"
"You are already inside dick." Well, the guy is Dick Morgan. (Name changed to hide identification.)
"He He. Listen Man, didya do that freakin assignment . I am snail slow at doin it , Man. And this
James guy, he wants it on Monday."
"Hmm.. Go ahead." The assumption that James guy is the professor will fetch you ten outta ten.
"Can you help me out , Man? See, I did it as told, not gettin the mu****#$%$ answer ,Man."
"Hmm...Oho..Okay." A moment of silence and moments were longening into seconds and seconds into minutes and he was really getting worried as the quata of nothignness reached his two sensory organs, which were initially dangling from his head and now , they were up like a pair of antenna with pigments of red.

"I think you took the cosine vaule of 60 degree instead of sine of the same. See.."
"How do you know that freaking number 0.5 or whatever is the value of sine of 60.."
Interupting.." Thats cosine of 60."
"Whatever.. You never told me, Man. You know, if I know this trick this will help me a lot. "
Arbitarily and out of context. " Dick, tell me do you look into you state ID when I ask your name?"
"Haaaannn..?????"
"Nothign. Actually its not that difficult. You diffentiate the sine and you get the cosine. So, if you
know the cosine , you know the sine."
"Thats cool. But, how do you know what is cosine?"
"Well, integrate sine."
"Hmm. pretty cool. Now, I know your secret."
"Right, so you may be lost in some island and sitting on the shore thinking about some yatch and thinking what your girl friend doing last friday when you were lost in the sea, yet you can know the sine and cosine."
"Wow...Hey, did you do your assignment ?"
"No, I am yet to lost in some island. I will see you tomorrow. I have this work to do, update my blog and all. A hell lot of work."
"Okay. You take care, Aaameet. See you tomorrow in the class."
"Yeah......(slowly).......EXPECTO PATRONUM....."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I watched the movie "Kyuin Ho Gaya Naa?". Ash was at her natural grace and the guy was looking cool. Once again they wasted Bachhan Sr. The only moment of respite is in the climax when you have got see Diya Mirza smiling and the movie ends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOD DAMN. Hilarous..like most of your blogs...Can you ever write something serious?

Amit Mohanty said...

If you had graced my blog with your name SIR, then I would have never killed you. :)..Yeah being serious..hmm..I have to give it a serious thought.

BD said...

welcome back to the blogging world dude!!

ankan said...

absolutely humorous.. i think i should swith to reading blogs instead of trying to read to 'classic short stories'...huh!